Deep Sky is seeking a talented individual who lives / loves all things motion design. An artist who thrives in collaborative environments, feeds on inspirational work, and enjoys inspiring their team. Candidates will need to possess the skill sets to both design and execute complex motion graphics, combined with a positive personality when engaging with clients and collaborating with artists. The position requires being able to structure projects and take ownership from start to finish. Projects range from; music videos, explainers, broadcast packages, commercials, brand anthems, to toolkits.
Our ideal senior motion designer will be broadly a generalist, though we welcome applications from artists with extraordinary talent in storytelling, style frame creation, distinctive illustrative/design styles, and specialists in 2D animation. There's an opportunity to grow into a Lead Motion Designer who can direct our team of motion artists across a wide range of creative work.
We’re a fun collaborative team who values personality and a healthy working environment as much as creative ability and technical wizardry. We are looking for applicants that are both ambitious and keen to develop quickly, whilst maintaining a pragmatic, team-oriented approach, and being happy to chip in on any task needed. While we are slowly returning from working remotely, the position does not require you to be in the studio full-time. We are open to remote out-of-state work to start.
Qualifications, Experience and Must-Have Skills:
• 4+ years motion graphic design and animation
• Proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator (Cinema 4D a plus)
• Degree in related field of Art, Design, Marketing, or Visual Effects
• Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and quality control consistently reviewing work to accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
• Flexible, reliable and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Paid holidays and sick leave
• Three weeks of PTO
• Gold healthcare and dental coverage
• Continuing education opportunities
• IRA retirement plan
When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and online reel to email@example.com. We will review the work of candidates who already reside in the US. Please do not apply for this job if your skills are not a match. A formal introduction is suggested. Thank you.